• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Interactive Dynamic Chart

Thomas Kuriakose

Dear All,

I have copied a chart file from the forum and am trying to use my data to get the result, but it is not working out.

Please find attached the file.

We need the following -

1. On selection of a particular location in the combo box, the chart should display the number of packages and SKU no. on the chart with the delivery date or the week/yy number.
2. On selection of year check box it should display all locations chart with the number of packages and SKU no. for the specific year.
3. On selection of the radio buttons, it should display specific data as per the radio button name.

Kindly help,

thanks,

with regards,
thomas

Attachments

• Multiple Selection.xlsx
    28.5 KB · Views: 1
Hi Thomas,

I'm not sure I fully understood your query but I think a Pivot Chart would be quite helpful for you. Take a look at the attached workbook, see if that's something you can start working with!

Attachments

• Multiple Selection.xlsx
    50 KB · Views: 1
Dear Dourpil,

Thank you for the pivot chart provided.

Our requirement is that the chart should display the following -

1. Date wise no. of packages and no. of skus per location. The delivery dates are very important. We cannot use months.
2. The chart should change based on the following selection options -
(a) On selection of a particular location in the combo box, the chart should display the number of packages and SKU no. on the chart with the delivery date or the week/yy number.
(b) On selection of year check box it should display all locations chart with the number of packages and SKU no. for the specific year.
(c) On selection of the radio buttons, it should display specific data as per the radio button name.

Thank you so much.

with regards,
thomas

Dear Dourpil,

Thank you for the pivot chart provided.

Our requirement is that the chart should display the following -

1. Date wise no. of packages and no. of skus per location. The delivery dates are very important. We cannot use months.
2. The chart should change based on the following selection options -
(a) On selection of a particular location in the combo box, the chart should display the number of packages and SKU no. on the chart with the delivery date or the week/yy number.
(b) On selection of year check box it should display all locations chart with the number of packages and SKU no. for the specific year.
(c) On selection of the radio buttons, it should display specific data as per the radio button name.

Thank you so much.

with regards,
thomas

1. In the Field options (that appears on the right side of the screen when you click on the pivot table or chart), have you tried replacing "Months" in the Axis fields by "Week" ?

2. You just copy/pasted what you posted in OP. If a Pivot Chart won't work for you, just say it. I told you I wasn't sure I understood your query (and that was when I already had read it twice) so simply copy pasting the same text won't add anything useful to the discussion.

Dear Dourpil,

Apologies for not providing the needed information. The pivot chart won't work for this requirement.

Kindly find attached the sheet where all the requirements are mentioned.

Thank you o much for the help on this.

with regards,
thomas

Attachments

• Multiple Selection-1.xlsx
    48.9 KB · Views: 1
Does this Pivot table and slicers do what you want
On the RawData Sheet
Note that I added 2 fields to the Data

Attachments

• Multiple Selection-1.xlsx
    49 KB · Views: 5
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for you kind help on this.

I showed the pivot with slicers, and this is working, but the team management want the layout and selections as given in the sheet earlier.

This was my mistake , i showed them the sheet which i got from chandoo and now they want it in this format only. The radio buttons, the combo box and the check boxes.

Thank you so much.

with regards,
thomas

Thomas
I wouldn't recommend doing what can be done with a Pivot table/Chart and Slicers manually

You can right click on the slicers to change some settings like Display Title Yes/No or hide data elements with no data

upload_2015-5-25_11-1-12.png

What are the differences in behavior required between 2016 / 2017 in the Check Boxes and Radio Buttons?

upload_2015-5-26_14-56-30.png

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your kind help.

The radio buttons should display charts by locations -

(a) 2016 Locations - No of Packages (Column F data) and no. of sku (Column G data) for 2016 locations (Column E data) when flagged
(b) 2017 Locations - No of Packages (Column F data) and no. of sku (Column G data) for 2017 locations (Column E data) when flagged
(c) All Locations - No of packages and no. of sku for all locations when flagged.

The check boxes should display 2016 all locations and 2017 all locations when flagged

Thanks once again,

with regards,
thomas

Dear Sir,

You are awesome, thank you so so much for this help.

One question, SKU 2017 is not getting reflected in the chart when all locations are selected.

And can we have another chart with the same linkages for the week wise display.

Thanks a ton once again for the tremendous support extended on this.

with regards,
thomas

I added another chart
Which only shows the date in order of the selected locations

For all locations

upload_2015-5-28_16-37-34.png

For AA
upload_2015-5-28_16-38-34.png
See Attached file:

Attachments

• Multiple Selection-Hui3.xlsx
    45.9 KB · Views: 12
Dear Sir,

You are the best. Thank you so much for giving another insight into this and also a new chart.

Thank you so much once again for the support on this.

with regards,
thomas

Back