• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Need Help with SUMIFS formula

Hello,
I'm having trouble with a SUMIFS formula where I need to return a dollar value for a range between 0 and 30 days and if the customer type code is either B or E. I've tried using this formula: =SUMIFS($B$3:$B$27,$C$3:$C$27,"0 to 30 Days",$D$3:$D$27,"B")*OR($D$3:$D$27,"E") but it isn't returning any value when I know there should be one.

upload_2015-5-5_14-21-20.png

Can anyone help me? I've searched the Chandoo forum for examples but it's not clicking.

Thank you in advance for your help,
GreyKitten

I don't know how to put the OR logic into the SUMIFS formula...is this a suitable workaround?

=SUMIFS($B$3:$B$27,$C$3:$C$27,"0 to 30 Days",$D$3:$D$27,"B")+SUMIFS($B$3:$B$27,$C$3:$C$27,"0 to 30 Days",$D$3:$D$27,"E")

Last edited:
I don't know how to put the OR logic into the SUMIFS formula...is this a suitable workaround?

=SUMIFS($B$3:$B$27,$C$3:$C$27,"0 to 30 Days",$D$3:$D$27,"B")+SUMIFS($B$3:$B$27,$C$3:$C$27,"0 to 30 Days",$D$3:$D$27,"E")

Thank you eibi! :)

Hi,
Using John's idea, here is another one with CSE:
=SUM(IF(C2:C26="0 to 30 Days",IF(D2:D26={"B","E"},B2:B26)))

Regards,

By the way, this summed the entire column which was incorrect. It didn't achieve the goal of filtering by types B and E for items sold from 0 to 30 days.

By the way, this summed the entire column which was incorrect. It didn't achieve the goal of filtering by types B and E for items sold from 0 to 30 days.
Hi Grey,
I did test it before posting.

See the attached with all answers.
Are you sure it is incorrect?

Attachments

• Book1 (15).xlsx
    9.4 KB · Views: 0
Back