• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

If statements with dates

Thomas Kuriakose

Dear Sirs,

Kindly let me know how to use if statements with dates. I am attaching a file for your reference.

The if statement in the file is copied from the net and I am not able to understand why we use greater than 1000 for dates.

Thank you so much.

with regards,
thomas

Attachments

• If with dates.xlsx
    9.5 KB · Views: 0
Hi Thomas,

May be you should explain the purpose of the used formula, Excel treats dates as serial number starting from 1 as 1-Jan-1900, so greater than 1000 means grater than 26-Sep-1902, I don't know why this date is used in the formula, but if you can explain the purpose of the formula, may be some one can explain the logic.

Regards,

Dear Sir,

The result required is a forecast date in D2 based on the input date in A2, B2 and C2.

Thank you so much.

with regards,
thomas

Dear Sir,

The result required is a forecast date in D2 based on the input date in A2, B2 and C2.

Thank you so much.

with regards,
thomas

Thomas,

Not got much clear. Date + 1000 (days) this can be one one way of forecasting. But the way formula is written is not giving much info about the logic of forecasting. Need more explanation on the same.

Regards,

Dear Sir,

This data is confidential and I cannot share. Anyway thank you for your support on this.

thanks once again.

with regards,
thomas

Hi Thomas,
Adding to SM Sir...

Not much clear your requirement for forecasting.

and i have noticed the following, which needs to be clarify:
your all columns A,B,C having the same date: 31/10/2013

=IF(OR(A2>1000,B2>1,C2>1000),0,IF(A2>1000,B2+2,C2+2))
your formula is not going to FALSE in any case, as all the values are greater than one condition of OR formula (which is B2>1), your all values are greater than 1.
therefore it is going for TRUE in all cases.

2nd IF part (IF(A2>1000,) is not necessary as you have already applied the same condition in your OR formula.

Regards,

Thomas,

I am not asking for data, what I am asking is the logic behind the forecasting dates. Like if the quantity is less than 10 than the dispatch date will be order date + 10 days. Like that.

Regards,

Dear Sirs,

Kindly find clipped below the logic used. I have not understood this.

There are lot of other dates and fields in the file.

Thank you so much.

with regards,
thomas

Attachments

• 2015-05-25_15-23-49.jpg
    2015-05-25_15-23-49.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 3
Back