• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Unspecified Error

ShoaibA

Hi,

Please help me to get me out from Unspecified error '-2147467259' message box while working on VBA Forms in excel. I am fed up with this message box and need to close the excel forcefully, as I am not be able to save the file at last.

Please help...

Regards,
Shoaib

Hi Narayan,

Thanks for the prompt reply...

Sorry, but i cannot upload file due to some confidential information. I am working on VBA forms but when I am trying to save the workbook it shows this type of error "System Error &H80004005 (-2147467259). Unspecified Error". This is the exact error message which I am getting while saving.

I have faced this kind of issue many times but I donot know the exact reason, where I can go and fix the issue permanently. I google it but cannot find the correct solution so far. I have created the New Workbook 2 times but I import the VBA forms in my current newly created workbook. Problem still persist.

If this will not fixed then I have to create all VBA forms from scratch which is a very big pain. Hope you understand. :(

Please help me....

Regards,
Shoaib

Can you provide

1. What computer type (Win/mac) are you using?
2. What version of Excel are you using?
3. What are you actually doing to force the error? step by step

Hi Hui,

Hope you are doing well. Below are the details as required.

1. What computer type (Win/mac) are you using? - Windows 7 64-bit
2. What version of Excel are you using? - 2010 32-bit
3. What are you actually doing to force the error? step by step - Nothing just normally I am working on the VBA forms. But, when sometimes I am trying to save the File, it shows this error message and my last changes goes off.

Get this error only when I am trying to save the File. But, it cannot give this error on everytime I save the file. It can happen any time. Same issue I faced many times but to resolve this issue I need to create the whole form from Scratch and its a very painful. Hope you understand. :( Please help me to get this out asap.

Regards,
Shoaib

Code:
For i = 0 To ListBox1.ListCount - 1
If ListBox1.Selected(i) = True ... 'Then do something
Next i

Code:
For i = 0 To ListBox1.ListCount - 1
If ListBox1.Selected(i) = True ... 'Then do something
Next i

Thanks but under which Event do I need to paste this code. Like Click() or something else, as I have pasted the code under Listbox_Click() event and it's not working.

Well my query is, I have created one ListBox with Multi select check boxes and if I check any of the option in Listbox then I need to enable the Command Button in the form or if not selected then Command Button should be disable.

Regards,
Shoaib

We cant give specific help as we can't see your code or file ...
That code above will loop through the listbox items and if selected allow you to do something

I would assume it should be be in the Command Button Click event code

Ok, Got it. No this is standalone Listbox, where I just simply select the multiple values and by selecting any of the values in the list box, command button should be enable thats what I want to do.

So add it to the ListBox1_Change() event
If any are true enable the Command Button

Hi Hui,

I have already done that but still not working. Below is the code for your reference please:

Code:
Private Sub ListBox_Change()
For i = 0 To ListBox.ListCount - 1
 If ListBox.Selected(i) = True Then
  FrmSettings.CmdContinueStep1.Enabled = True
  Else
  FrmSettings.CmdContinueStep1.Enabled = False
  End If
 Next i
End Sub

Please help as I am stuck here only, which is not a very big issue I think.

Regards,
Shoaib

What your doing will only apply the last value from the list box to the Control as it over-rides all the others

Try this:

Code:
Private Sub ListBox_Change()
FrmSettings.CmdContinueStep1.Enabled = False
For i = 0 To ListBox.ListCount - 1
  If ListBox.Selected(i) = True Then  FrmSettings.CmdContinueStep1.Enabled = True
Next i
End Sub

Ahh... Thanks Hui. Finally its working. I already know there is something very minor changes and it will work. But, really thanks to you Hui... :)

Regards,
Shoaib

:DD Yes.

Hui, 2 question please.. How can we track Emails in Outlook 2010 that which mails are delivered successfully or are not delivered successfully?

And, how can we add different signature in mail body every time we sent the mail to recipients (signature will be selected manually by me)?

Regards,
Shoaib

I haven't used Outlook since about 2010
Have you tried an outlook forum ?

Setup different signatures, and give each a separate name
Don't set a default
I think there is an Insert, Signature option
select the appropriate signature

Back