• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Travel Date Mapping with Billing Date

Swapnil

Greetings !!!!!!

This is a recent problem I came across. I have two sheets here , One containing employee bill details ( along with desired Output ) named " Employee Billing Data". While the other have their travel details along with Geography in which they traveled named "Travel Data".

I need to find out how many of their travel days fall within a particular billing cycle , and need to populate the same in respective geographies.

attaching the file for ready reference. Looking forward to an Awsome solution from Awsome excel gurus. :)

Attachments

• Travel Date Mapping with Billing Cycle.xlsx
    13.9 KB · Views: 0
Hi Swapnil,

I was able to come up with a solution using a UDF. See attached.
One small thing to note...I am not sure your example numbers were correct, and I think it's related to how dates were counted. If I have a trip from Jan 11 - Jan 17, your subtraction formula counted this as 6 (17 - 11 = 6). However, since the dates are inclusive, this should actually be a duration of 7 (a full week).

Attachments

• Travel Date Mapping with Billing Cycle LM.xlsm
    23.5 KB · Views: 0
Thanks Luke,

I intently excluded one date as I did not wanted to include the same for my calculation purpose as a nature of the analytics.

By d way If there a way through which I can address my problem through mix of existing (Inbuilt) functions?? ( Just wanted to know ).

Hi Swapnil,

I was able to come up with a solution using a UDF. See attached.
One small thing to note...I am not sure your example numbers were correct, and I think it's related to how dates were counted. If I have a trip from Jan 11 - Jan 17, your subtraction formula counted this as 6 (17 - 11 = 6). However, since the dates are inclusive, this should actually be a duration of 7 (a full week).

Easy enough to switch the UDF, if you want. It would change this line
Code:
Set newRange = Range("A" & CLng(StartRange.Cells(xCounter).Value) & ":A" & CLng(EndRange.Cells(xCounter)))
to this
Code:
Set newRange = Range("A" & CLng(StartRange.Cells(xCounter).Value) + 1 & ":A" & CLng(EndRange.Cells(xCounter)))
Up to you whether to use the UDF of Narayan's solution. :)

Back