• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

stacked charts

YVETTE

Hi,

I am trying to create a chart like the one attached. I have 5 spreadsheets. Each contains: Funder and amount of funding. Each spreadhseet represents a year . I want the x axis to show year, y to show amount range, and the legend to show name of funder. then per year I want to show each funder stacked according to amount (funding).

Also, per spreadhseet I have funders that show up each year and then new ones. so it's not consistent.
Can you help?

Attachments

• sample foundation funding chart from 2012 BNHR report (1).pdf
    163.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hi Yvette, and welcome to the forum! :)

The chart you attached in a simple stacked column chart, which XL can natively create quite easily. It sounds like the real issue is that your data is scattered across the workbook, and not in one place. It would help to see an example of your workbook, but the first step would be to somehow get all the data into a single location.

There are many methods ot accomplish this, such as PivotTables, formulas, macros, merging, etc. Each has their own pros/cons.

As I said, having some sort of example of where you're currently at will help us know how to best advise you proceed.

Thank you! Here is the file. Tabs at the bottom are the diff sheets (years) I'm trying to put in a chart.

Sorry I'm a novice, I don't really know how best to consolidate the data.

Attachments

• DRUM FUnding 2009-2013.xlsx
    21.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Thank you so much. If it's not too much trouble, could you tell me how you consolidated the data? Or point me to one of your tutorials so I can figure it out.

Best, yvette

p.s. thank you!

Thank you so much. If it's not too much trouble, could you tell me how you consolidated the data? Or point me to one of your tutorials so I can figure it out.

Best, yvette

p.s. thank you!

I did it manually :) But it took me only 5 mins to rearrange the data. Will the data be dynamic every year or it fixed for past years and will be dynamic for this year?

Than if you see 2009 sheet I deleted two columns to make the structure of data across all sheets to be same.

Regards,

Back