• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Searching for values

Ramesha

Hi Friends:

Request help to solve search formula, file enclosed(renamed xlsx to docx for mailing)

Thanks,

Ramesha

Attachments

• VBA.docx
    519.8 KB · Views: 0
Hi Ramesha,

Can you confirm the attachment is correct?
I didn't found anything relates to SEARCH formula.

If you are not able to upload xlsx file, try saving your file in (2003) xls format, then upload.

Regards,

Thanks, I can't see the file while trying to upload from my computer, I've used Lookup and it is in column "G", do not have option hv to request you to only look into word file sent earlier

Thanks, I can't see the file while trying to upload from my computer, I've used Lookup and it is in column "G", do not have option hv to request you to only look into word file sent earlier
I'm enclosing the snapshot of the screen - hope it conveys what I'm trying
upload_2015-7-31_14-14-26.png

I'm enclosing the snapshot of the screen - hope it conveys what I'm trying
View attachment 21152

Might be I am wrong but dear I have your 1st attachment but it has nothing to do with what you are asking now.
Here is the snap of your file:
lookup-Ramesha.PNG

if you are still not able to upload excel file, please post your question in details and step by step for what you are trying to achieve + mention your expected result.
Hope someone here will update you.

Regards,

You are uploading word documents so what is stopping you uploading the Excel file, if it contains sensitive data the replace it with meaningless data, the Excel file would make it easier for others to help.

Might be I am wrong but dear I have your 1st attachment but it has nothing to do with what you are asking now.
Here is the snap of your file:
View attachment 21153

if you are still not able to upload excel file, please post your question in details and step by step for what you are trying to achieve + mention your expected result.
Hope someone here will update you.

Regards,
Apologies: seem to have attached a wrong one;here's the correct one

Attachments

• Searching for values.docx
    30 KB · Views: 0
Apologies: seem to have attached a wrong one;here's the correct one
OK, No Problem...
I have the file now, can you explain what you want to achieve and also can you share the expected result?
You Referred i2:i4, but this range is blank?

Expected result is to identify the following in a row(that may be logged in any of the columns) depending on the logged value under column "Net Value"

- Domestic
- Local
- Spares

and the numbers appearing in the next column(adjacent) - same row should be brought to column under "Qty" - same row

Expected result is to identify the following in a row(that may be logged in any of the columns) depending on the logged value under column "Net Value"

- Domestic
- Local
- Spares

and the numbers appearing in the next column(adjacent) - same row should be brought to column under "Qty" - same row
Sorry dear I am not able to understand your question, hope someone will.

You are uploading word documents so what is stopping you uploading the Excel file, if it contains sensitive data the replace it with meaningless data, the Excel file would make it easier for others to help.
I, don't know - there is no confidential data, when i, choose to upload a file excel files do not appear for selection that's the only reason, may be it is some to do with indexing!

Sorry dear I am not able to understand your question, hope someone will.
I've to search for the values listed out in j2:j4, in each row of range A:F(each row will contain one of the j2:j4 value) that value to be brought into cell "G" of respective row and absolute nos appearing in the range next to (Domestic, Export,Spares) should appear in the column "H" for the respective row.

I've to search for the values listed out in j2:j4, in each row of range A:F(each row will contain one of the j2:j4 value) that value to be brought into cell "G" of respective row and absolute nos appearing in the range next to (Domestic, Export,Spares) should appear in the column "H" for the respective row.

I am still not sure, can you check this array formula:

=INDEX(A2:F2,,MATCH(IF(OR(A2:F2="Domestic"),"Domestic",IF(OR(A2:F2="Local"),"Local","Spares")),A2:F2,0)+1)

enter with Ctrl+Shift+Enter
Regards,

I have done it using three columns, you can simplify this again to single formula. Khalid pls chck since you understand now what is needed.
upload_2015-7-31_17-37-21.png

Attachments

• Searching for values aby edit.xls
    31.5 KB · Views: 0
Hi Aby Thanks,
If your guess is right, you can use this single formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX($A2:$F2,MATCH(H$1,$A2:$F2,0)+1),"")
See the updated bold part.

Regards,
No Khalid, not like that. this is the requirement below in green cells, i did it in 3 different cols which is not the requirement. pls simplify and find formula for getting green cell values.
upload_2015-7-31_18-34-47.png

Attachments

• Searching for values aby edit.xls
    31 KB · Views: 0
No Khalid, not like that. this is the requirement below in green cells, i did it in 3 different cols which is not the requirement. pls simplify and find formula for getting green cell values.
View attachment 21162
No! if the values were to come in
View attachment 21162
View attachment 21162
Yes Aby is right! that's the output I'm requesting support on!

Will try and let know!
Thanks all of you for the support

View attachment 21162
It's not working also, instead of $i$1, I'm looking range i2:i4, they'll hold vectors - Local, domestic and spares

Back