• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel Dashboard Number Formatting - %

Kara

Possibly a simple problem, but maybe not. I don't want to mess up anything within the dashboard while adjusting this though I would like to display my percentage as .14%. It keeps formatting as 14% or 14.00%

Any thoughts on how to adjust this without breaking my dashboard :)

upload_2015-8-1_9-28-6.png

upload_2015-8-1_9-29-36.png

Hi ,

A percentage is basically a decimal number between 0 and 1 , with 1 the same as 100 %.

Thus a decimal value of 0.14 is the same as 14 % ; to show it as 0.14 % is not correct , but can be done by using a Custom cell format of :

#.## \%

Narayan

That worked perfectly. Thank you! Another problem I am having and maybe this is just not possible. I would like to incorporate the Top 5 KPI box's into the KPI Simple Dashboard, perhaps a long with a funnel chart.

I have attached screenshots here. Any advice...maybe this is just not possible but I refuse to believe that. ;)

Thoughts?

upload_2015-8-1_17-27-2.png

What I would like it to look like.

upload_2015-8-1_17-26-31.png

Hi ,

What you want done is certainly possible , but a lot of work.

The dashboard is the final output , and is dependent on calculations which are present on a separate tab ; if you want the dashboard boxes to be incorporated in a different workbook ( KPI Simple Dashboard ) , then you might have to bring in the Calculations tab also ; since the calculations depend on various configuration settings which are defined in the Settings tab , that too might have to be brought in.

All in all , it is going to take a lot of work , but it can be done.

Narayan

Why is it that when I update a Project % to 100% that it does not show up correctly on the Dashboard? See activity 1 ####

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-04 at 4.41.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-04 at 4.41.02 PM.png
    199.4 KB · Views: 8
Back