• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Stacked bar charts alongside each other showing same y-axis scale

Tom Nice

Hi there,

I've created three stacked bar charts alongside each other and basically want them to use the same scale of values so that gridlines all match up and that the bars are at the right scale. The attached workbook shows what is happening to the charts where the scale changes due to the selected data.

'Invisible' columns have been used as the columns that stack on top of the data that I want to be shown which I will refer to as ChartData. They have been calculated by using the maximum value that this dataset contains - so for each column of ChartData the max value from the whole dataset will be subtracted in order to get each chart at a consistent 'height' in the stacked bars.

What I am hoping to do is keep everything to the same scale and also to make the best use of chart area space i.e. so the y-axis range doesn't stop at a whole interval above the max value leaving unecessary white space.

I hope this all makes sense as well! And that someone will be able to assist with this.

Thanks very much,

Tom

Attachments

• StackedBarChartIssue.xlsx
    54.7 KB · Views: 4
Do you mean like this?

Attachments

• StackedBarChartIssue-1.xlsx
    58.9 KB · Views: 2
Hi Hui,

In terms of scale that is what I'm aiming for but still want to separate out the charts lined up next to each other. You think that's possible without VBA?

Thanks

Pick a value greater than the maximum chart value eg: 400k
Set 3 series called Filler 1, 2 & 3
Which will have values =400k-x
Then add a new series to each original chart

upload_2015-7-31_21-50-20.png

Then color the new series blank

upload_2015-7-31_21-52-5.png

see attached file:

Attachments

• StackedBarChartIssue-1.xlsx
    55 KB · Views: 5