• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Test your basic Excel knowledge

For beginer at Excel Course online,
9 of 13 answers correct.

For Inter 6 out of 11. :(
Hi

Just did the beginners and level 2 quiz at excelcoursesonline.com. I got 100% (hurrah) for level 1 and 90% for level 2. But after going through the answers and feedback, they all seem correct so i am just wondering which answers do you think are incorrect.

In the beginner test for excelcourseonline, a few I would disagree with.
upload_2015-8-4_8-43-26.png
The quiz says that answer #4 is correct. But a formula of "=B8/7" would not be correct. Not only is there no value currently in B8, but there are 6 numbers, not 7. Answer should just be "=AVERAGE(B2:B7)"

upload_2015-8-4_8-51-7.png
Using the fill handle copies everything, both formats and formulas (which use functions). Answers are misleading. Also, why is quiz setup to select multiple answers if it only takes 1 answer??

upload_2015-8-4_8-46-28.png
Partially correct. You could also write:
=SUM('Sheet1:Sheet2'!A1)
but that may not be a beginner level answer.

More complaints...
upload_2015-8-4_8-56-27.png
That formula would concatenate the cells, and make J4 result be:
Correct formula is
=I4*F$1
(I chose answer #2 as it was the only one that would produce correct results)

Intermediate Quiz feedback:
upload_2015-8-4_8-59-38.png
No need for quotes around True/False. Answer 3 is best given these choices, but adds confusion. Best choice:
=IF(H2>=350,TRUE,"")

Adv. Quiz Feedback
upload_2015-8-4_9-8-50.png
If you moved down 3 rows from A1, you would be in A4, which is an OFFSET of 3. This would make formula:
=SUM(OFFSET(A1,3,4,2,1))
Question is poorly worded if #3 is desired answer.

upload_2015-8-4_9-10-59.png
This is a example of a BAD, BAD formula. Formula doesn't make use of the table already given, so values are hardcoded. Additionally, all answers provide a total price, not the per unit cost as indicated by C8. No clear explanation given for what value in C5 is related to.

Overall, I like the ideas of having a quiz for people to take. I just don't like when quizes give bad feedback, or are poorly written. :(

Back