• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

copying everything after "." only

zohaib

Hello,

Please see attachment for what I am trying to do. I have the formula in column b. I only want everything after "." (period) but it is not working correctly. I dont know what is wrong. thanks

Thank you,
Zohaib

Attachments

• Book1.xlsx
    9.4 KB · Views: 0
Hi ,

The point is that finding the "." finds the first of many period characters in your data.

If you are sure that the set of period characters will always be followed by a space character , then use the string ". " as the parameter to the Find function.

Changing your existing formula to :

=RIGHT(A2,LEN(A2)-FIND(". ",A2)-1)

will work.

Narayan

Hi,

Just another method (a bit long :) array formula, so must be entered with Ctrl+Shift+Enter.

=TRIM(RIGHT(A2,MIN(IF(((TRIM(MID(RIGHT(A2,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(A2)))),1,1))=".")*ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(A2))))<>0,((TRIM(MID(RIGHT(A2,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(A2)))),1,1))=".")*ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(A2))))))-1))

or another array formula 3 character shorter.

=TRIM(MID(A2,FIND("|",INDEX(SUBSTITUTE(A2,".","|",ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&(LEN(A2)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A2,".","")))))),COUNTA(SUBSTITUTE(A2,".","|",ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&(LEN(A2)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A2,".","")))))))))+1,255))

Regards,

Last edited:
Back