• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pivot Chart x axis does not adjust to size of Pivot Table

Adrian Cassidy

I have a Table which has 55 columns and 25000 rows. The number of rows keeps growing with new data.

I have created a Pivot table which summarises chunks of the raw data for graphing. The problem is when I select different chunks they also produce different length tables so the graphs do not look clean.

How can I get the x-axis of the graph to adjust to the number of rows in the pivot table.

Attached are two screen shots of the same portion of the screen. One where all the rows are selected, and the second (after changing the name in the report filter). Now not all the rows are selected.

HELP!!

Attachments

• 2015-08-28_23-59-17.png
    2015-08-28_23-59-17.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2015-08-29_00-00-58.png
    2015-08-29_00-00-58.png
    111.6 KB · Views: 0
Hi ,

Screenshots very rarely give a complete picture to someone who is not as familiar with your worksheet as you are.

Have you refreshed the pivot table and seen that the pivot table has all of the new data , while it is only the pivot chart that has not refreshed ?

If you upload your workbook , you should get a solution faster.

Narayan

Thank you for the heads up. I did try refresh, seemed to make no difference.

Here is my Workbook. Hopefully somebody will have an idea or two. Too big to attach.

The Pivot table and chart are in Sheet 1. This is a work in progress, still a bit of a mess.

Hi ,

The problem is your chart is not a pivot chart , but a chart based on the pivot table data. The chart series were all using static references , which will not change even when you refresh the pivot table.

I have changed all of the series to use dynamic named ranges , which will extend as more data gets into the pivot table.

See the following link :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlayoeuqwbq6s7z/ErgStick Data (PIVOT with HR).xlsx?dl=0

Narayan

Back