• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Copy Paste Data based on Specific Criteria

Anu55

Hi all,

I need a help regarding the below problem which i'm facing.

I work for a warehousing company where in we maintain the stock details in Excel. There would be columns stating the stock type, code, opening stock, closing stock and approved stock count for a particular stock type. The opening stock of the current month would be the closing stock of previous month.

We'll enter the opening details only for the starting month of the year (i.E for Jan). For Rest all months the opening stock details should be pulled from the second table only (which would be the closing stock of prior month). We will not enter any other month's opening stock details manually.

The stock type stock code and approved stock remains same for every month unless if there is any addition of new stock type. The opening details should be pulled from the 2nd table based on the month chosen from the drop down. and closing details would be calculated based on the formula and other data.

Previous month's details in the 2nd table won't change. The closing count remains same as once the month ends we'll close the books. The details in the 1st table keeps changing depending on the month selected from the drop down.

I'm trying to automate the same through Macros by creating a table in the same sheet and using the drop down to select a month. The closing stock of the current month should go into the respective month depending on the stock type and should be the opening stock for the next month.

I tried a few ways but i couldn't get the desired results.

Can some one help on this.

Please see the attached file for easy understanding of the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• sampledata.xlsx
    11.1 KB · Views: 1
I want to automate it with macros so that manual work would be reduced. In the spread sheet attached the chances of using a filter is less.

Back