• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

How can I make a cell blank with a numeric value in the cell

I am using =IF(AX2="?","",AX2) to leave a cell blank instead of a ? in the cell. How can I modify this formula if I have a numeric value in the cell like 271-1020-945. They vary

I also have a 0 in some cells that have the =Input!O2 in the cell and they go from =Input!O2 to =Input!5O1

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Jack,

You'll need to clarify. With your first problem, you said:
Code:
Input  Ouput
?          ""
Where * is anything else besides a question mark
What do you want the output to be if it's the value "271-1020-945"?

For the latter, there is no way to have a reference of:
=Input!5O1

so I have no idea what you want. Perhaps a picture would help?

Thanks for replying Luke, here is a couple of snips. If you notice in row 2 column EP2 it has the date in this cell ... now .... look up at the browser. It says Input 4, row 3 has Input 5 and so on. I want to make them blank like columns EJ:EO

In the other pic if you look at columns K and Q they have countif formulas in them but have a number of 213-212-211 and 852-848-844. I would like to make these blank too if possible like columns NOR. I am just trying to clean up my sheets.

I hope this makes better sense and thanks!!

Attachments

• COUNTIF BLANK CELL.png
    COUNTIF BLANK CELL.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 12
  • INPUT BLANK CELL.png
    INPUT BLANK CELL.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 9
In EP2:
=IF(Input!O4=0,"",Intput!O4)

For the latter, can you just change the font color to black, so it blends in? Or, if you only want it blank when value is 0:
=IFERROR((1/OriginalFormula)^-1,"")
where OriginalFormula is everything you have currently. This formula will cause an error if result is 0, and that will cause the "" to display.

Thanks Luke. I'll look at the font coloring in that area. I believe it's CF for Red = Odd and Green = Even. I didn't even think of that )-:

The other .... That's why your the Ninja. How genius to make it error so IFERROR would work. Didn't think if that either. Again, Thank You!

Back