• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

how do i avoid Ref errors when I open two workbooks that have formulas going from one to the other

RSidhu

say i have links going form file a to file b. when i open file b first and then file a, i still get errors. and i have tried the other way round too. how do i just avoid these ref errors? I think it has something to do with the link address- pleas ehelp

Are the errors still present when both files are open? Do the files get moved occassionally? Is the link a direct link, or is it part of a formula? If the latter, what functions are you using?

hi i still need help with this! Pleas help! the errors show up when i open the file together. they are just simple links to a different cell. nothing fancy.i cannot open them together because they are saved under different folders? I tried edit links- chage source- update- that doe snot work.
the files are saved on the server and i think it has got to do with =link vs =drivename/link

will appreciate someones helpw.

Back