• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Remove Numerical or Formula from a cell

Hi,
Greetings!!
I am having cells in which data are like this
=15000*$O$23*$O$24
=5625*$O$23*$O$24
I want a non VBA solution through which I can remove only Numerical (i.e.15000 in my example) or Formula (i.e $O$23*$O$24 in my example).
Thanks in advance!!
Regards
Neeraj Kumar Agarwal

Select your data, Data Tab>Text to columns. Delimited>Next. Check the Other: Box & keyin *. In this way all the numbers will appear in a separate cell & the formulas in another.

Madam, appreciate your effort. But I don't want data to get separated into different cells. All I want is to select a column and remove numercials or formulas as per the requirement as each cell consists of formula as well as numericals.

Regards
Neeraj Kumar Agarwal

I am having cells in which data are like this
=15000*$O$23*$O$24
=5625*$O$23*$O$24
I want a non VBA solution through which I can remove only Numerical (i.e.15000 in my example) or Formula (i.e $O$23*$O$24 in my example).

Hello Neeraj,

=15000*$O$23*$O$24
This is a complete formula, we can not say this is separate thing i.e. number (15000) and formula (*$O$23*$O$24).

If you want to remove *$O$23*$O$24 from =15000*$O$23*$O$24
use find / replace:
Select your range > Press Ctrl+H
Find what:

~**

leave blank Replace with:
Replace all
---------------------

*~*
will not work the way you want.
so you can now try substitute for the remaining part.

Regards,

'Cause my Excel local version is not in english, my Search & Replace
is Find / Replace as explained by Khalid …

And if you had burned a couple of neurones on
« how to amend a formula without VBA »,
no other way with your kind of purpose !

Thanks to everybody. Khalid Sir, atleast to some extent my query has been asnwered. However, may I request you to suggest me a link where can I learn how to ~,*.....etc.

Regards
Neeraj Kumar Agarwal

Back