• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Need advice to create step line series on two different pivot tables

Chets

I have two worksheets: ResourceDemand that lists all the projects and estimated resource needs by fiscal quarters, and PojectCapacity that lists all the resources available with their start and end fiscal quarters. Resource available could be either fulltime employees or term based contractors (contractors have start and end quarters).

Based on the ResourceDemand worksheet I have created a stacked bar chart with various slicers for filtering. This is in DemandChart worksheet.

I need to show the available resources on the DemandChart as a line type. You will see the Red line in the sample uploaded.

The challenge I am facing is to get the available resource (from ProjectCapacity) line to reflect the total number of available resources by fiscal quarters (if a resource does not have start and end then they should be counted towards all fiscal quarters - mostly for employee type). How do I achieve this? I'd appreciate your sample approaches.

Attachments

• Sample.xlsx
    646.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back