• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Change Value Filters in Pivot Table based on cell reference

I'm not sure how to go about looking for this, but I'm trying to change the Value Filter of a pivot table based on a specific amount. For example, I have a pivot table filtered by office. Within that filtered pivot table, I need to further filter based on a specific value (e.g., if Austin is selected, I need it to show me attorneys with more than 500 hours, and then I have a separate pivot table for attorneys with less than 500 hours); however, that value will change by office because some offices are very small. I have a combo box / macro controlling the filter on each pivot table to change offices, and I can through formulas and such have a cell showing the specific amount to apply to the value filter, but I want to know if there is a way to automatically change the value filter and refresh the pivot table when a change is made. I am fine using VBA.

Thank you,
YL

Thanks. I know how to use the value filter, but I need the criteria in that filter to update automatically based on a specific cell value which changes when I change the overall pivot table filter. For example, the criteria needs to be 500 for Austin, but only 25 for Houston. As I said, I have a cell that has the correct number based on which office is selected, but I need to find out if there is a way to have the filtered value automatically update with that number. I hope I'm explaining that clearly.

Back