• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Name manager won't select ranges - Is it Excel 2016 or is it me?

Orfil

I made some changes to a workbook on a client's machine in Excel 2016, the first time I've used it. If you look at the Excel 2013 jpg I've attached, you'll see a name selected in Name Manager and its corresponding range outlined on the worksheet. Now compare the Excel 2016 jpg. Same name selected, no range outlined. Turned out Excel 2016 would only select ranges defined as, for example, E12:F17. Any range that used OFFSET or INDEX was ignored.

Stranger still, when I went into Edit, the range was defined in R1C1 notation. When I copied the range in Refers To and pasted it into Edit, it wouldn't accept it.

Has anyone got an explanation for this bizarre behaviour? I was gobsmacked.

Attachments

• Excel2013.jpg
    Excel2013.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Excel2016.jpg
    Excel2016.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 8
Ah no, sorry, the data is proprietary and I've signed an NDA :-(

You might try too sanitize the data/and any references to a client within so that you can share the actual file that's causing an issue - otherwise you're asking folks who are scientific in their approach to guess, and I've noticed their reticence on that front ;):cool:

Back