• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

how to automatically tick a checkbox if a value is entered in excel

Saima

Hi,

I have attached an excel file, where I need the check mark to be automatic when a date is entered in a particular cell linked to the check box. is that possible? can I have the ideas of the excel experts over here.

Thanks,
Saima

Attachments

• form.xlsm
    115.9 KB · Views: 11
Hi Saima, and welcome to the forum! :awesome:

The workbook you posted has several worksheets and checkboxes, I have no idea where you want us to look. Can you provide more details as to which cell(s) are of interest, and which check boxes?

thank you for your message Luke.

I want all the checkbox in the first worksheet to be automatically ticked when a date is enetered in a cell adjacent to the respective checkbox. The progress chart should adjust accordingly. Would that be possible.

Thanks

For whatever cell the checkbox is linked to, change that cells formula to be something like:
=ISNUMBER(CellWithDate)

When user inputs a date, checkbox will update it's status.
I'm not sure how your chart is being generated currently. but assuming it's already running off of the checkbox values, it should still work.

Thank You Luke.

Thats working perfect. I might have still more queries as i am a beginner in excel.

Saima

Back