• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

UserForm Help

Hi Guys

Looking for some assistance with this one.

I have set up a database where information is entered in three stages via three UserForms.

The Initial stage works perfect and is done by determining the next empty row using,

emptyRow = WorksheetFunction.CountA(Range("A:A")) + 1

The first stage generates a unique IdNo for each entry.

The Second and Third stages are used to enter additional information to the row, in cells not affected by the previous stages.

I need the second and third stage to determine the row based on the Value of a TextBox in the UserForm, which refers to Column A containing the unique IdNo.

Had considered a VLOOKUP, MATCH and FIND option but struggling.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

Hi ,

If you can upload your workbook containing both the data and the forms , it will be easier for others to help.

Narayan

Thanks Narayan

Please see attached. Creator Login is chris.henderson C1501

the area of concern is on the ProjectUserForm, when for the PrivateSub UpdateButton_Click() i want it to identify the value entered to IDNoTextBox1 and match it to a row in column A:A of the tracker sheet to determine the row containing the IdNoTextBox.Value then update the info from the other TextBoxes in the user forms to cells 9-12 of the determined row.

Many Thanks

Attachments

• Mantenance Management system - Full - Copy.zip
    632.8 KB · Views: 40
Hi Deepak

Apologies for the delay in replying. Been a busy work week.

Yes this is your login form, An excellent tool, i have adopted it to develop a maintenance tracker for uses within my work team. I have only my id on at the moment chris.henderson C1501.

Where i am needing assistance is to find a row in the tracker which contains the unique id no in colmn A:A.

I have used the WorksheetFunction to find an empty row and hoped there would be a simple way to identify a row which contains specific content in specific column.

Hope you can help

All good guys, Cracked it.

Code:
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim rng As Range
Dim fnd As Range

Set ws = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Tracker")
Set rng = ws.Range("A2:A" & Sheet5.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row)
Set fnd = rng.Find(what:=Me.IDNoTextBox1.Value)]
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I downloaded your maintenance program file that you had posted on Chandoo.org. If you don't mind I would like to explore the file a little more, however the password information provided in the post is not working for me. Creator Login is chris.henderson C1501. I placed user name as chris.henderson and password as C1501 and chose creator. Look forward to hearing from you. Cheeco

When I use the "Creator Login is chris.henderson C1501" information I keep getting a message box that says. "pls input a valid username or check your role". I may not being to it right. I don't know if chris.henderson is the username, and C1501 is the password and I would assume that I would have to choose Creator from the list of three choices. It seems no matter witch order I use I keep getting the "pls input a valid username or check your role" message.

Back