• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

TO DO list

Ashhu

Current process:
I am trying to maintain todo list in diary everyday. I need to use excel sheet instead. One time consuming in both is data capture of unfinished task from previous date to next date.

About attached sample sheet:
I have format where i enter Activity Name, Priority, Checkbox. As you can see I have four tasks in Feb1 , I completed two tasks that day and two are unfinished. Now when i go to Feb02, I need copy task 3&4 manually.

Help needed:
Button which create new sheet with the todo format and copy unfinished task from previous tab.In this attached sheet task 3 and 4 to be copy automatically with click.

Attachments

• Tasks Feb.xlsx
    24.4 KB · Views: 22
You can try breaking the link, or use this corrected version.
i guess i am missing something here,
i opened the latest sheet, and i see there "Create new sheet" is just text box. No macro linked to that. Then i pressed Alt+F11 its blank there too.
Security setting looks ok. i unable to makeout the cause.
Sorry to bother you. please help.

Dear @Luke M
One more small addition needed to the To Do sheet.

Currently to check completed tasks i need to look for individual tab.

Help needed: If the sheet has "completed task log" sheet, it will much more easy to check what task finished in that month.

Seeking your help as i am not good in coding. just started learning VBA. I bought "Excel power programming with VBA" by John Walkenbach, please suggest if you have any good source for me.

Dear @Luke M
One more small addition needed to the To Do sheet.

Currently to check completed tasks i need to look for individual tab.

Help needed: If the sheet has "completed task log" sheet, it will much more easy to check what task finished in that month.

Seeking your help as i am not good in coding. just started learning VBA. I bought "Excel power programming with VBA" by John Walkenbach, please suggest if you have any good source for me.

@Luke M please have a look on my above request. Thanks

I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you need help coding a new sheet, or just a general request as to how to learn VBA? If the latter, I recommend starting by reading some of Chandoo's tutorials to give you a good intro.
http://chandoo.org/wp/excel-vba/videos/
I am looking for additional feature to the To Do sheet we created last week. The requirement is once task completes it needs to be copied in one sheet (say Report Sheet). Currently the unfinished tasks are copied to next sheet when we hit create new sheet button, along with that if it copies finished task in one same sheet everytime it will be easy for user to track what are the task completed.

I have attached the sample sheet. Please see Report tab

Attachments

• To Do List 2.xlsm
    46.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
See the attached. If you look over the macro, you can see where I added in the new code. We already had an If statement setup, so we just needed to provide the Else portion of the code to copy completed tasks to the Report worksheet.

Attachments

• To Do List 3.xlsm
    62.8 KB · Views: 21
See the attached. If you look over the macro, you can see where I added in the new code. We already had an If statement setup, so we just needed to provide the Else portion of the code to copy completed tasks to the Report worksheet.
Many thanks Luke, its working fine.

Hello Ashhu

I have attached a copy of the Calendar and to do list that I made up some time ago. Fell free to check it out, if you like. You can double click on the on the date of the new task and enter your task (to do event) and it will insert the task into the to do list page. you can also click on (View Monthly task) button and view the listed task.

Attachments

• Excel-Template-of-the-Month-June-2015-Calendar-with-a-To-Do-List_v1.xlsm
    84 KB · Views: 34
Hello Ashhu

I have attached a copy of the Calendar and to do list that I made up some time ago. Fell free to check it out, if you like. You can double click on the on the date of the new task and enter your task (to do event) and it will insert the task into the to do list page. you can also click on (View Monthly task) button and view the listed task.
Thank you sir, i will try to utilize the idea you have shared. stay blessed.

Back