• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Excel says it cant find the file

CHEECOCHONGO

Good Morning all.

I am having an issue with opening some files with excel. I double click on the excel file and excel starts to open and the an error message pops up saying it can not find the file. I just double clicked the file so the file is there.

Anyone know what the problem might be and how I may go about to fix the problem.

Thank-you

Cheeco

I just double clicked the file so the file is there.

If you are just clicking on a short cut, go to the file location and open the file if that works repair your short cuts.

I tried opening the file through excel. It still did the same thing. what I had to do was change the name of the file. Then it will open the file. It is a weird situation.

Is it on a shared network drive that you experience this? Could you check the path name length? Because, I have seen unusual error messages sometimes when the path was too deep (~255 characters in the path).

Yes I think that is what it is. I copied or moved the file to another directory and then it does it. I have to change the name of the file or shorten the name to get it to open. Thanks for you response.

Cheeco

Back