• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Vlookup

shaggy72

Hi everyone (awesome site),

I am looking for some assistance on the excel sheet attached?

Example

we are trying to be able to set the colour tabs (Monday etc) to accept a file dropped into VDQ Monday and this will populate the Monday(coloured tab) based on the following;

If "master sheet D4" is on VDQ Monday and has the Monday C3"job title" it will return the person against the Monday b3.

I have got to the stage of getting the payroll , forename , surname but do not know how to in-corporate the job title argument???

please help

Attachments

• Option A week 33 WK 12.02.2016 vdq trial.xlsx
    255.8 KB · Views: 9
Hi ,

I have not been able to understand your requirement.

1. You have a series of 7 tabs named VDQ Saturday through VDQ Friday.

All of them , except for VDQ Monday , are blank , but I assume they will all have the same data layout.

2. You have another series of 7 tabs named Saturday through Friday.

3. You have a tab named MASTER.

I assume you want some cells in this tab populated using the data on the tabs given in (1) and (2) above.

Please specify at least one of these cells i.e. mention its address.

Indicate what should appear in that cell i.e. manually enter the value.

Describe how this value is supposed to come there i.e. what is the logic which the formula will have to implement ?

Narayan

Hi Narayank ,

1 - VDQ Saturday to VDQ Friday will have the same fields always. We will be exporting the data on these sheets daily.
2 - The data imported onto VDQ sheets need to picked up on the Saturday to Friday (colour) tabs
3 - Using the MASTER(payroll numbers) as first unique identifier
4 - Using the TEXT in Cell 3 "RKD Sprout Peeler" on Monday(colour tab) as the second identifier
5 - Only IF BOTH ARE FOUND ON MASTER AND CELL 3 IT WILL RETURN THE MASTER (PAYROLL NUMBER)which will then trigger the formula below
6 -Cell C6 & D6 =IF(B6>0,VLOOKUP(B6,MASTER!$D$4:$F$232,2,0),"") on Monday tab. This brings up the persons name.

I would be internally grateful for all the advice I can get

Back