• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Is there a more efficient way to copy and paste?

Eloise T

Once a week I receive (via e-mail) many small ($EIGHT columns with approximately 3-20 rows) Excel files (invoices) from each salesman that reports their sales for the week.

I highlight, copy, and paste each invoice to two places. Once in a Tabbed file (one tab for each employee) and the other in a cumulative file where everyone's records are combined.

Right now I use a Hyperlink (button) so that after I paste to the Tabbed sheet, I Hyperlink to the other spreadsheet and paste.

Is there a way to highlight the desired incoming spreadsheet information and push a Hyperlink button and have it correctly paste and append the array to the bottom of the correct tab AND the combined sheet without human intervention?

In the enclosed sample, I would manually highlight array A2-H6 (received from e-mail), then paste it to the Tabbed file based on the employee's name, hit the created Hyperlink button, then paste it to the combined spreadsheet.

Again, is there a more efficient way to do this?

Attachments

• Chandoo - more efficient copy and paste to 2 sheets.xlsx
    10.1 KB · Views: 4
We're getting warm. I think in order for it to work, each time "PRESS ME" is pressed, it takes whatever is highlighted on Sheet 1 and appends it to the bottom of the current list (the next open row) on Sheet 2.

The other hitch is all three files are separate; not all part of one Workbook. But if it'll work within one workbook, it shouldn't be a problem to tell it to look for, open, and append to another Excel file, correct?

Last edited:
You may find this of help.

I am not the author and take no credit for it. I think VBA is the work of the dark spirits (and I don't mean rum)

Attachments

• VBA Copy Paste Methods.xlsm
    93.8 KB · Views: 4
Back