• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

What is the best time (GMT) to use this forum...?

PP3321

I have been posting a lot recently.
Thank you a lot for helping me...my boss is really happy with my Excel...

By the way, is it possible to know where are Excel Ninjas based...?
What time is this forum most active, and therefore best time to post messages...?

We have Ninja's based in Australia, India, Europe and the America's and so cover most of the day

As Marc L expressed, what is important is to clearly explain the problem, providing a sample file is the best way to get a good, quick answer.

Also refrain from using the words, Important, Urgent etc, even if it is Important for you, it isn't for the rest of us. If anything is that important I'd suggest hiring an appropriate consultant. Some of the Ninja's do provide Excel consulting services.

Thank you all for your advice.
I will do what you suggest,
so that my question does not take much of your time..

I just have 1 question.

I have reservation about posting my workbook.

It has private information and as per policy of my company, I do not think I can post it online...

Is there any solution for this...? Can we set privacy on workbook?

Hi ,

Two ways would be to :

1. Engage in a private conversation with one or more members who are willing to help , and upload your workbook in that conversation.

2. Upload the workbook in a public file-sharing site , and share the link with those members who are willing to help.

Narayan

Hi @PP3321 ,

As @Marc L sir said, I would suggest always create dummy data with real lay out. Also, please try to provide Input i.e. your raw data, output and logic for generating output.

Keep posting and have a nice weekend. :)

As @Marc L and @ThrottleWorks have pointed out uploading a file with data that represents your problem but does not compromise you and your company's polices is the best as this opens your problem to the widest group for help, if you post in a private conversation you will limit the help you receive and it will not give an answer or help others with similar problem, it is an open form for all to look and search.
As for the best time to post I would say as soon as you have thought through your problem, posting at a specific time will not quarantine a quicker response.
You may post at a time when it would appear that more ninjas are on line because of the time zone, but ninjas have things to do out side of Chandoo.
Post your question and as soon as the bleary eyed are online you will receive help. You live not to far from the Indian sub Continent so you should have no problem in getting help speedily.

Back