• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Embeding an Excel sheet in Powerpoint

Shay A

Hello,
How do I get the Excel object in the Powerpoint file to update dynamically when the original Excel file changes? I have tried to delete some of numbers in the Excel file. However, it wasn't reflected in Powerpoint.

Thanks a lot
Shay

Attachments

• TEST.xlsx
    10.1 KB · Views: 2
You should be able to right click on the Excel object in Powerpoint and hit Update Link.

For a Powerpoint file with multiple linked objects, you can update them all at once. If you're using Powerpoint 2010, click on File in the ribbon, then Info, then in the very bottom right Edit Links to Files. Highlight all linked objects and click Update Now.

Use the Object function, and your slide will auto update with any new Excel data.
Take a look at the Word doc.

Attachments

• PowerPoint-Insert Excel.docx
    454.7 KB · Views: 3
I think you would get a better response if you said what type of files and what you expect power point to do with them.

Ok, I have a table in PP into which I want to paste an Excel object (a range). The thing is, when I paste the object, the cells, are embedded into yhe cells og the table in PP.

I hope I'm clear.
Thanks!

Wow I made a typo that completely changed the meaning. I wanted to say that the object from Excel is NOT embedded into the the cells in the table in PP but they're "floating" over them. Just like when you bring a shape forward so it's in front of a another shape in PP.

You must set up your pp slides as I pointed out in my previous post, I am not sure as to what you mean by embedding in to the table cells why would you need to do this just import your table or range from Excel in to a clean slide. Do all your formatting in your Excel table/range before importing.

yhe cells og
, yep typos ( and I make many, big hands and fingers) will and do make all the difference to what the read sees and understands, I have driven (with pleasure ) many so called senior managers mad with typos.

Link a section of data in Excel to PowerPoint

1. In Excel, open the saved workbook with the data you want to insert and link to.
  2. Drag over the area of data you want to link to in PowerPoint, and on the Home tab, click or tap Copy.
  3. In PowerPoint, click the slide where you want to paste the copied worksheet data.
  4. On the Home tab, click the arrow below Paste, and select Paste Special.
upload_2016-7-1_14-24-21.png

1. In the Paste Special box, click Paste link, and then, under As, select Microsoft Excel Worksheet Object.
upload_2016-7-1_14-24-37.png

Yes but the formatting of the table in Powerpoint is very much to my liking. :)
I don't know if I can edit it the same way in Excel. If only I could send you the Powerpoint file...
Thanks anyway :)

You can format via imports from PP and then embed in PP, bit log winded but you can upload an image of what you are trying to do in excel using PP but remember when it comes to formatting less is more, to much glam and glitter distracts from the data and what you are trying to convey to your audience.

Thanks! Maybe I can do the reverse, copy the formatted table from PP to Excel, and then copy it from Excel and paste it as linked object in PP. That way, I can keep my desired formatting.
Is it feasible?

Thanks

You are trying to amalgamate two different pieces of software, if you cannot find the formatting you need in Excel perhaps you are trying to put to much formatting in to your Excel and it will come across as to much fancy clothes and the data will take a back seat, not what you should be after.
If you do copy from PowerPoint to Excel you will be back where you started in so much as the pp formatting will be a picture that is floating on your spread sheet.

Back