• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

About Power BI

JAMIR

Hello Everyone,

I have license MS office 2016 and also i have installed Power BI. I hv some Question.

1. Is the Power BI required Internet Connection for creating Chart. If only i have to create Dashboard not publish.
2. I am unable to login in Power BI. How to Sign up?

Regards,

Zameer

1. Depends on your data source. If it's based all on your local file. No.
2. Just go to the web site and sign up for free account. If you have Office 365 account already, just use that to sign up. Go to link below and click on Sign up Free.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/

1. Depends on your data source. If it's based all on your local file. No.
2. Just go to the web site and sign up for free account. If you have Office 365 account already, just use that to sign up. Go to link below and click on Sign up Free.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/
Hello Chihiro,

my data source is from local file. but i couldn't able to chart display on my pc.

Also i do not office 365 account. So please tell how do i go?

Regards,

my data source is from local file. but i couldn't able to chart display on my pc.

You'd need to give me more detail than that if you need help. What error message if any did you get? At what stage you got the error etc etc.

I tested on my machine by terminating all network connections and loading data from local Excel file. Had no issue loading data and creating chart/visual.

Also i do not office 365 account. So please tell how do i go?

Did you even try? I stated "IF" you have Office 365 account use that. If you don't, just follow screen direction and create account with valid email address.

You'd need to give me more detail than that if you need help. What error message if any did you get? At what stage you got the error etc etc.

I tested on my machine by terminating all network connections and loading data from local Excel file. Had no issue loading data and creating chart/visual.

Did you even try? I stated "IF" you have Office 365 account use that. If you don't, just follow screen direction and create account with valid email address.
Hello Chihiro,

Thanks for reply! Actually the error is Visual Can't display. When i have load local file in to Query. There is normal data, for visualize by chart. When I drag data into field and select the chart then Visual Can't Display error show.

Regarding account. I go through sign up but its required .gov or .org related mail id, its can't entertained personal mail id. I tried to make mail through .gov or .org but not found.. Then please direct me how to log in POWER BI.

Regards,

Zameer

That's not true. I used my google business's email account and had no issue.

Just note that it asks for domain email (ex. yourname@company.com) and won't let you use free email (such as @gmail.com).

No need for .gov or .org.
Hi Chihiro,

Thanks for reply. Actual Visual can;t display problem is due to my Operating System. I'm using Win7 and its having problem with framworks.

And as you said that power bi is considering business email account, so i can't afford paid mail service.

There is no way to sign up for power bi without business mailbox.

Regards

Zameer Shaikh

Back