• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Accessing data from a specified worksheet based on a cell reference

Paid 2 Heat

Good afternoon,

I have a workbook containing many worksheets (20+). Each worksheet contains solar irradiance data based on given postcode regions within the UK.

The lookups for each postcode region are based on: angle of roof (column A) and deviation from South (Row 1). This intersection lookup is not a problem.

I should like to find a solution so that, for example, if the UK postcode was entered as NE - ie Newcastle - the system would perform the intersection lookup in that particular worksheet only.

If I used independent named ranges for each of the 20+ postcode data sets, would a CHOOSE() work, based on the postcode cell reference in the data-entry worksheet?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Hi,

Welcome to chandoo.org forum.

Although you have not attached a sample file. I think INDIRECT function can help you in this regard.

Try uploading a sample file with say 3 sheets of dummy data and output sheet.

Regards,

Hi ,

Try something like this :

=INDEX(INDIRECT("'" & Postcode & "'" & "!" & "$B$2:$Z$100"), MATCH(AngleofRoof, INDIRECT("'" & Postcode & "'" & "!" & "$A$2:$A$100"), 0), MATCH(Deviation, INDIRECT("'" & Postcode & "'" & "!" & "$B$1:$Z$1"), 0))

where each worksheet should have data in the range $B$2:$Z$100 ; change this to suit your data. The range $A$2:$A$100 will have the roof angles , while the range $B$1:$Z$1 will have the deviation values.

Postcode is the selected postcode , AngleofRoof is the selected roof angle , while Deviation is the selected deviation value.

Narayan

Thanks Somendra

Please find attached sample file.

In short, the cell D4 in the Data Entry sheet dictates which sheet I'm using to perform the intersection lookup.

Thanks again

Attachments

• Data.from.referenced.cell.xlsm
    14.4 KB · Views: 0
Somendra

Thank you! Perfect!

Am going to tweak as Narayan has suggested with named ranges.

Nevertheless, thank you both for your help - it's very much appreciated

Back