• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Add vertical lines to pivot chart

DME

Hi everyone, I was inspired to follow along with a recent post by Jon Peltier:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/PanelChart1.html

I'm able to setup my pivot chart with no issues, however I am unable to add in the vertical gridlines (using dummy XY series w/ vertical error bars). This seems to be due to the fact that my data is being charted from a pivot table but I'm not certain. But Jon did it...and I just want to be like Jon! :)

My sample file doesn't seem to want to upload for some reason, but hoping that's enough context for someone to talk me through doing this.

What I've tried - copied the "green cells" (per Jon's post) and attempted to paste them into the chart. Nothing happens though. I can't manually add another series too as the data is in a pivot table.

Thanks in advance for any insights,
Dave

p.s. I realize that Jon posted a zip file but it doesn't seem to be working...and I'd like to get this done on my own if I can as I learn better that way

Hi ,

I am not sure about the terminology in use.

The vertical lines can only be added to a normal chart which has been created using the pivot table ; they cannot be added to a pivot chart.

I may be wrong.

Narayan

Back