• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

adding new item in dropdown & using new item as new record

Hi,

Please help me with my problem - I need your expertise again:

In my userform is a Customer/Company Name dropdown. Values of this dropdown refers to CustomerName in Logs sheet. With these, I want to do the following:

1. New Customer should be added to CustomerName whenever a new data is added to Customer/Company Name dropdown.
2. I can be able to use the dropdown as a Search engine to verify if a certain customer name is already in the database.
3. On the same dropdown, I can also be able to create multiple records using an existing Customer name.

I tried to look from some of your samples, but nothing seem to work in my file :(

I have attached my file for your reference. Appreciate your help please.

Attachments

• SubscriptionForm.xlsm
    14.9 KB · Views: 5
Which part of your file drives the other? It's a little confusing as you have both items with the same name.

Should user be inputting new customers directly into the spreadsheet, or into the user form? Should user form dropdown initially limit choice to only values found in spreadsheet?

I have no idea what you mean by multiple records, as your userform only has 1 thing on it currently, the dropdown (which isn't linked to anything).

Back