• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Adding round to existing formulas

Bryz

Hi all,

I'm trying to update a series of workbooks that are almost entirely formula based and I need to add the round function to all the formulas, but the formulas are all the same. Is there an easier way than adding round in manually?

I've attached a simplified example, so in this case if I would like to add the round function to the totals in columns T-X

Thanks!

Attachments

• Book1.xlsx
    10 KB · Views: 1
Hi all,

I'm trying to update a series of workbooks that are almost entirely formula based and I need to add the round function to all the formulas, but the formulas are all the same. Is there an easier way than adding round in manually?

I've attached a simplified example, so in this case if I would like to add the round function to the totals in columns T-X

Thanks!
is it answer u needed??

Pls see the attachment

Attachments

• Copy of Book1.xlsx
    10.2 KB · Views: 0
is it answer u needed??

Pls see the attachment
Not really, looking for a way to make it "=round(sum(...),1) for each of the totals without going through each cell and typing it in, because the actual workbook has hundreds of them

c this if this is working for u...otherwise any body else vl help u....

Attachments

• Copy of Book1.xlsx
    10.8 KB · Views: 0
Yeah basically. The best I've come up with so far is extracting the formula and then using concatenate to add round in, then turning it back into a formula.

I've modified it to automatically add the round straight away.

Code:
Option Explicit

Function GetFormula(rng As Range) As String
  GetFormula = rng.Formula
End Function

Function AddRound(rng As Range) As String
  AddRound = "=ROUND(" & Right(rng.Formula, Len(rng.Formula) - 1) & ",1)"
End Function

ohhhhh u had used VBA ...thanks for sharing bryz....but the thing is I don't know VBA....anyways I am happy that u got ur output....:)

Hi Bryz,
Other than VBA, you can use the following formula in T3 with some amendment in your sheet layout:
=SUMIF($B$1:$O$1,T$1,$B3:$O3)+SUMPRODUCT((MID($Q$1:$R$1,FIND(" ",$Q$1:$R$1)-8,10)=T$1)*($Q3:$R3))

copy right and down.

Note:
You have to unmerge cells so the criteria can be matched.
see the attached yellow cells.

Regards,

Attachments

• Book1 (14).xlsx
    12.3 KB · Views: 0
Hi Bryz,
Other than VBA, you can use the following formula in T3 with some amendment in your sheet layout:
=SUMIF($B$1:$O$1,T$1,$B3:$O3)+SUMPRODUCT((MID($Q$1:$R$1,FIND(" ",$Q$1:$R$1)-8,10)=T$1)*($Q3:$R3))

copy right and down.

Note:
You have to unmerge cells so the criteria can be matched.
see the attached yellow cells.

Regards,
wow Khalid ji..kya baat hai...

Back