• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Array Formula

Hello excel Ninjas,

I want to be able to drag down the array formula and get the biggest date (if dates next to each other are the same I want excel to get the one to the very right side) from the biggest purchase order number related with distribution center and item info from the columns: A and B, I have included an example I did manuallyof what i want this to end up looking like.

Thank you all so much!

Attachments

• Problem.xlsx
    19.3 KB · Views: 7
Luke,

Great solution,also I want excel the choose the date that it is located to the very right from the dates column, in the scenario that there are 2 equal dates next to each other please see attachment.

Attachments

• PO Query.xlsx
    23.3 KB · Views: 4
Ah. Change formula in E4 to be:
=MID(LOOKUP(D4,INDEX($P$4:$T$122,MATCH(C4,$I$4:$I$122,0),),$P$3:$T$3),FIND(".",LOOKUP(D4,INDEX($P$4:$T$122,MATCH(C4,$I$4:$I$122,0),),$P$3:$T$3)),999)

Copy down as needed

Thanks Luke! im going to bother you just one more time; the text in red from cell G5 should say "Colocar PO" i dont know where i messed up, do you see the error?

Attachments

• PO Query.xlsx
    28.2 KB · Views: 3
Luke,

The whole example is for just one supplier, i have to apply the formula to other 15 supplier which are in different sheets within a workbook:

upload_2014-8-28_15-23-19.png

Of course the formula would be so huge, a solution I was given was to 6 columns for each supplier out of the 15:

upload_2014-8-28_15-37-56.png

Is there anyway in way to avoid 90 cells with formulas and only have 1 formula in a cell and drag it down??

Attachments

• upload_2014-8-28_15-34-4.png
    upload_2014-8-28_15-34-4.png
    122.6 KB · Views: 4
Which information do you want? Your last example had several different pieces of information being returned. I don't understand how this could be reduced to a single formula, unless some of the columns were not really necessary.

Which information do you want? Your last example had several different pieces of information being returned. I don't understand how this could be reduced to a single formula, unless some of the columns were not really necessary.

Those 4 columns of course will not be mixed up to create a single formula because the type of info being returned is totally different, however my question is: imagine I had in column A more items that would not appear in range M3:R3, but rather they appear in other worksheet with the same info structure as K3:W122 (in my real case i have 15 worksheets with different suppliers and same clomun structure as K3:W122) so having stated this I wanna know if it is possible to have the formulas in D4,E4,F4,G4,H4,I4, to look up the info in all the 15 different worksheets and just drag down? Did I make myself clear?

Luke, I found another issue I could not find the solution to :S, in the scenario from the file attached; excel takes the maximum PO number which i though it was fine however this would not always apply. I need to tell excel to get the maximum 2 orders and then compared them to each other and if one order has the second or first order has the 5 dates cells filled then excel takes the date from the other one that has not all the cell dates filled and both maximum PO number have not lack the 5 date cells filled then i want excel to take the one that has the lowest date, can this be done? Please see my example in red

Attachments

• PO Query - Problem.xlsx
    27.6 KB · Views: 5
Back