• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Assist with automation printing

Davealot

Greetings,
I have what is hopefully a simply request. I am automating a label printing process here at my facility. We have a machine that is scanning a barcode attached to an order, what I need specifically is for excel to take the barcode scan, attach a date and time stamp to it, save that specific entry as a text file in a certain location then clear contents of excel spreadsheet. The person making the scan will not have access to the computer so I need this to act in essence like access does with it's "After update" type setting. Is this possible?

Ideally it would be like this: Operator scans part "ABC" at 10:15 AM on 12/8/16. Excel puts in cell A: ABC in cell B: 1612081015 saves it to C:/Log as a .txt file then clears the contents of cells A and B and is back to A1 ready for another scan. They scan a part roughly every 45 seconds.

Thanks for the help!

Is it possible? Probably.

But not simple.

First of all, how is scanned barcode info stored and where? Is it written to database, log file, or some other medium?

You will then pull that info from the source into Excel, but without knowing format and source, it's impossible to help you.

Is it possible? Probably.

But not simple.

First of all, how is scanned barcode info stored and where? Is it written to database, log file, or some other medium?

You will then pull that info from the source into Excel, but without knowing format and source, it's impossible to help you.

Chihiro,
Thank you for the reply, my apologies I should have better clarified. I'm not needing the data pulled from anything, such as a table/array. Ideally there is a computer running with a blank workbook open sitting in cell A1. The scan takes place, A time/date stamp is placed beside of what was scanned in cell B1. After that scan has happened and the time added I would like to have some sort of magic that takes range A1:B1, exports to text file at a set location and clears

Back