• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Assistance to transfer data from one sheet to another automatically

jodi shein

Can someone please assist me? I am trying to transfer data that is entered on one sheet to automatically transfer the data onto a different sheet. See my attached workbook. THANK YOU!

Transfer "Contact Details" sheet data onto "CRM" sheet.

How do I do this??

Attachments

• CRM.xlsx
    78.2 KB · Views: 3
Hi, How are you getting your data onto the contact sheet. If you were using a "user form" you could update both sheets at once with vba. Otherwise you could use formulas on the second sheet. Will the data always be in the same format?

Sorry I am not the best with excel what is vba? I want to enter the data onto the sheet "contact details and have the data transferred to CRM sheet...

THANK YOU!

Suggesting a simple approach -
Insert function - =IF('Contact Details'!$A$5>0,A5, "") in cell a5 of CRM Sheet, and copy it across to cells b5 and c5. Fill down for other rows.
>> result : the values for corresponding entry in contact details, viz, referral name, company and work function, will get copied into CRM as soon as a new name is added in contact details. The function ensures there are no ugly zeroes in the sheet, when there is no data. Hope this helps.

Suggesting a simple approach -
Insert function - =IF('Contact Details'!$A$5>0,A5, "") in cell a5 of CRM Sheet, and copy it across to cells b5 and c5. Fill down for other rows.
>> result : the values for corresponding entry in contact details, viz, referral name, company and work function, will get copied into CRM as soon as a new name is added in contact details. The function ensures there are no ugly zeroes in the sheet, when there is no data. Hope this helps.

Thank you! It is pulling the data from the CRM sheet and not the contact details sheet. How do I correct this?

Clumsy me... apologies. The correct formula is
=IF('Contact Details'!$A5>0,'Contact Details'!A5, "")
It will work. File uploaded with the formulas copied from rows 5 through 10 for help in understanding.

Attachments

• CRM.xlsx
    74.9 KB · Views: 4
Clumsy me... apologies. The correct formula is
=IF('Contact Details'!$A5>0,'Contact Details'!A5, "")
It will work. File uploaded with the formulas copied from rows 5 through 10 for help in understanding.

Awesome it worked!!! Thank you so much...The only thing is if the cell is blank on the Contact Details sheet it is showing a 0 in the cells on the CRM sheet. Can I avoid this?

Yes, it can be done. I gave a primary reference to the first col in Contact details, since as a business process, if you register a new record, you would normally complete the rest of the data. But if you think that is not a case, here is what you can do in the CRM sheet
Cell A5 : =IF('Contact Details'!$A5>0,'Contact Details'!A5, "")
Cell B5 : =IF('Contact Details'!$B5>0,'Contact Details'!B5, "")
Cell C5 : =IF('Contact Details'!$C5>0,'Contact Details'!C5, "")

Copy these down for the rest of the rows... enjoy !
Reg
Sudhir

Yes, it can be done. I gave a primary reference to the first col in Contact details, since as a business process, if you register a new record, you would normally complete the rest of the data. But if you think that is not a case, here is what you can do in the CRM sheet
Cell A5 : =IF('Contact Details'!$A5>0,'Contact Details'!A5, "")
Cell B5 : =IF('Contact Details'!$B5>0,'Contact Details'!B5, "")
Cell C5 : =IF('Contact Details'!$C5>0,'Contact Details'!C5, "")

Copy these down for the rest of the rows... enjoy !
Reg
Sudhir
It Worked! I appreciate your help! Have a great day

Back