• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

bar chart with each bad with a color shade based on value

Ajit2017

I have plotted scatter data from 4 columns.

I know the data is clustered and not uniform along y axis.

Is there away to show this in four bar charts with the color of each bar changing from light(yellow) to dark(red). In region of red I know the data density is high.

All the four bars can follow the same scheme from yellow to red color shades.

Pls help.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 7
Hi AVK,

Please find the file uploaded. The question is also mentioned in the file.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Book1.xlsx
    68.4 KB · Views: 7
Plz refer attach file. I work on only one x & y range.

Attachments

• GRAPH.xlsx
    116.8 KB · Views: 7
In the attached, there's a button to copy the colours from conditional formatting from columns O:R to the points in the chart.
Each column in columns O:R contains its own conditional formatting, independent of the other columns.
The data in those columns is how many standard deviations each point is away from the mean.
You can change what the conditional formats do, then you can click the button to update the chart, until it looks as you want it to.
upload_2016-12-3_11-17-14.png
Edit post posting: Is this homework?

Attachments

• chandoo32230GRAPH.xlsm
    78.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
My last offering did not properly address the question of clustering since there are several clusters within the sets of data, more especially in the 3rd and 4th sets. Perhaps a better solution would give this:
upload_2016-12-3_12-33-50.png
This still doesn't produce bar charts though.
While I think this is homework/an assignment, I'll withhold how I did it for now!

Hi P45cal, First of all thanks alot for you help and efforts.

This is very cose to what I want. I want the plot to show read for max value and yellow for min. value. All other values to change color gradualy from yellow to red. Also, is there a way to do this without VBA code?

This is very cose to what I want. I want the plot to show read for max value and yellow for min. value. All other values to change color gradualy from yellow to red.
If you mean the values in columns A:K, this has nothing to do with clustering.
If you mean values in O:R, it already does this, back to front; you just need to alter the conditional formatting yourself to swap the colours, then click the button to update the colours on the chart.

Also, is there a way to do this without VBA code?
Probably, but I can't think of one just now.

Back