• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Bubble Chart with Labels

Kmahraz

I've created the chart in the attached file and I would like some help to add the labels to each bubble vs the value, any help will be much appreciated!
These are the labels :
History
Gobal
Financial Strength
Price
Energy costs
Government involvement
Life time warranty
Manufacturing capacity
Global compliance
Technical / Quality

K

POST MOVED BY MODERATOR

Attachments

• Chandoo.xlsx
    16.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello @Nebu - Thank you for the help!
For some reason its not displaying the labels, instead it display [CELLRAGE], please see picture below:
upload_2017-4-7_9-16-41.png

Hi:

I am not sure why it showing like that at your end.This is what I am getting at my end
upload_2017-4-10_11-43-42.png

Which version of excel are you using?

Thanks

Thanks, I tried the solution in the link you sent with not much luck.
Here is another site I did find, but still having some dificulties with step 5

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/microsoft-office/add-data-labels-to-your-excel-bubble-charts/
  1. Right-click the data series and select Add Data Labels.
  2. Right-click one of the labels and select Format Data Labels.
  3. Select Y Value and Center.
  4. Move any labels that overlap.
  5. Select the data labels and then click once on the label in the first bubble on the left.
  6. Type = in the Formula bar.
  7. Click A7. (A7 is the name of the employee whose current Salary is represented by the bubble.)
  8. Press Enter.
  9. Repeat Steps 5 through 8 to add the name of the employee whose salary is represented by the bubble.

Hi:

I am not sure how to do it in 2010 since I don't have that version of excel with me to try the steps you mentioned on your post. Hopefully someone with 2010 can help you out.

Thanks

@Kmahraz
if You have one serie in that Chart then You can show one Label!
if You have ten series ... then You would get ten labels
... as You know!
Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 10.54.00.png

For Excel 2010, you can add them programmatically too. Click button in attached.
You may have to move some labels around afterwards if they're on top of each other, but if you've already moved them about, clicking the button again will not move them again, just update their contents.
It's not got lots of error checking so if the code falls over just choose End and try again.

Attachments

• Chandoo33944.xlsm
    30.6 KB · Views: 6
Back