• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Calculating number until certain percentage exceeded

JCTalk

Hi Guys,

Continuing on from my previous post: http://chandoo.org/forum/threads/calculating-number-from-positive-sla-to-target.21875/ that NARAYANK991 solved for me.

I've a requirement to do the same thing but for an Abandon SLA, which goes the opposite way. So instead of trying to be over the target, I'm now trying to be under the target.

I have a formula in place to calculate the number of calls required without anymore abandoned calls to get the Abandon rate back below the target, but I want another part that goes into minus figures when you are under the target that tells you how many calls can abandon before the Abandon SLA exceeds the target.

This needs to be calculated from the data available, without the use of any helper cells.

I've attached as far as I've got and shown a line with a result that I'd expect from the formula. This is the part I need help on.

Any assistance you can offer would be much appreciated, many thanks guys.

Attachments

• AbnSLA.xlsx
    11.5 KB · Views: 2
Hi Jake,

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

That's almost exactly right, but with a test as shown in the new attachment it suggests -1 (one more call can be abandoned and still be equal to or under the target, but when you add on that extra abandon call, it shoots the other way.

In the attached example, at the 87 abandon point, the calculation should say 0 as a warning that no more can abandon.

Looking at the formula, you minus 1 from the end. When I remove that it seems to function as I would expect?

Attachments

• AbnSLA2.xlsx
    11.8 KB · Views: 1
Dear JCTalk

Well your orginal request said

"
tells you how many calls can abandon before the Abandon SLA exceeds the target.
"

and the example given was 100 calls 3 abandoned and the required answer was -4

If you now want "How many calls can be abandoned without exceeding the target"

then yes delete the -1 but then the answer for 100 calls with 3 abandoned will give -3

Hi Jake,

Many thanks for clarifying.

My apologies. I probably didn't explain it correctly or our terminology has crossed.

Thank you for your help Jake.

Back