• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Calendar controls

PeterMC

Hi, I have outlined the structure of what I am trying to make. I need to ask for some help. In the attached workbook, is the basic layout of the sheets that I am using.

The help that I need is: To make the calendar on the "Start" sheet show the quotes, the bookings unpaid and the bookings paid, in different colours, starting with the present month. And if I click on any one of them, the panel on the right will be populated with the booking details.

Can somebody please help with this. Thanks

Attachments

• trials21.xlsx
    25.3 KB · Views: 6
Anbody?

Maybe if you all understand why I am asking, you might be able to help.

A local elderly couple have been running a help centre for deprived families. They are not a registered charity and do not have any assistance. They have a small shop, selling donated items and a large hall behind it, where they serve hot food and have an area for a local nurse to see people.

They are struggling to finance their efforts and myself and some friends have got together and refurbished the apartment, above the shop. The idea is for them to rent this and to boost their income, so that they can finance their centre.

I volunteered to make a basic "Booking system" to help organise the rentals for this apartment ("Silly me"). I have started with basic parts of this and I now have to ask how to get some of these parts working. I do not expect anyone to do everything for me, I want to do as much as I can.

Thank You

Hi,

we can't for two reasons :
• no crystal clear explanation
• wild cross posting ‼

Hi Peter ,

I think your calendar also is not properly labelled ; if the first calendar , in the range B5 : V14 is for the months of June - July , then it should show 30 days in the first half , and 31 days in the second.

Similarly , if the second calendar , in the range B22 : V31 is for the months of July - August , then it should show 31 days and the first half , and 31 days in the second.

This format which you have chosen , of having 2 months in one 'calendar' is very difficult to work with ; why don't you just use any of the several calendar templates that are readily available on the Internet ? In fact , Chandoo uploads one every New Year. You can find the one for 2015 here :

http://chandoo.org/wp/2015/01/02/free-2015-calendar-daily-planner-templates-download/

Narayan

Thanks Narayan,

My calendar is just something put together for design purposes, not for function. If possible, I would like to keep a small cell between AM and PM of each day, so the the bookings will show from Arriving PM to Departing AM.

I will keep looking and asking for help, this is the only way that I can help these people.

MarcL, I don't think that you expect a reply.

Hi Peter ,

That's fine ; each date occupying 3 cells is fine if your requirement demands it.

Can you have a calendar for each month ? It makes it easier to have a dropdown for selecting the months , instead of having two buttons for selecting the previous and the next months.

Narayan

Back