• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Cell Clears When Not Desired

I have a VBA and Macro enabled worksheet which is working perfectly thanks to the help of the guys on here... except I have a cell for people to add comments and if they try to open the cell back up to edit/add information, it clears out all past information.

I want the information to be stored in this cell unless someone selects the cell and actually DELETES it.

Please help!

Thanks,
Jake

Attachments

• Stage_Gate_Checklist.xlsm
    34.1 KB · Views: 9
Doing some messing around with the form, F2 and double-click both clear the contents of any of my cells which accept text.

I want the F2 or double-click to allow the user to edit and KEEP the already-entered text within the cell. I only want the actual DELETE key to delete the contents of the cell.

You have defined cell D10 as hidden cell. Unprotect the Sheet. Go to cell properties of D10 by clicking that cell and pressing Ctrl+1 and remove the hidden option in the cell. This will solve the problem.

Such a simple problem and simple fix. I didn't even think to check that. Thank you very much!

Can I ask what gave it away and told you the cell was Hidden which was causing this issue?

Such a simple problem and simple fix. I didn't even think to check that. Thank you very much!

Can I ask what gave it away and told you the cell was Hidden which was causing this issue?

Simple. After pressing F2, if I cancel the operation and the original content reappears, it means sheet is protected and cell property is hidden.

Back