• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Change the start time for one day a week.

delboy1616

I would like to change the start time for a "Tuesday which is held within a formula. I am not sure how to do this. I have created this formula but the first "if" doesn't seem to work. it steps through to the second "if" statement. I would appreciated some advice please.

Here is the formula IF(F5="Tue","10:00",IF(F5>F4,"9:00",IF(B4="","",IF(F4="","",B4)))) I have a sample xls attached

Thanks

Attachments

• Test.xlsx
    9.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
change F5="Tue" to WEEKDAY(F5)=2

Hi vletm, your advise was implamented and worked after a minor adjustment. What I did not mention and if you now look at the Att, you will notice a "False" message.

when I implamented your design every Tuesday starts at 10:00 which is correct, but as this is a job sheet there will be multiple entries for a Tuesday and they all start at 10:00 instead of the time set in cell B7. It looks like i need to bypass the weekday part of the formula and step on through as i know that part works. Any advise please?

Thanks

Attachments

• TestV1.xlsx
    11.1 KB · Views: 2
What I did not mention ...
How to guess some 'minor' details?
Normally, 'missing minor' could change just everything!
Check blues.

Attachments

• TestV1.xlsx
    12 KB · Views: 3
What I did not mention ...
How to guess some 'minor' details?
Normally, 'missing minor' could change just everything!
Check blues.

I am very sorry for not including "minor details" my lack of excel knowledge is evident and how excel can be manipulated to achieve the result am I looking for. I have tested the blues and the results are great.. I send my sincere thanks for your support on my post.

Back