• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Check Box options and fill color

Thomas Kuriakose

Dear Sirs,

We have a task relevance tracker as attached.

We need to have the following functionality -

1. The user should be able to select only one option from column C & D.
2. On selection of Column C the line should be filled with green color.
3. On selection of Column D the line should be filled with red color.

Kindly help with the file.

thank you so much,

with regards,
thomas

Attachments

• Tasks for Relevance.xlsx
    15.1 KB · Views: 1
Dear Sirs,

Thank you for this solution, but this has to be for 30 lines so we can check how many tasks are not relevant.

In this case we can only check per line and the format will change every time based on the selection.

Kindly provide a method to check all selections.

thank you so much,

with regards,
thomas

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for this solution, but this has to be for 30 lines so we can check how many tasks are not relevant.

In this case we can only check per line and the format will change every time based on the selection.

Kindly provide a method to check all selections.

thank you so much,

with regards,
thomas
Sorry dear I am not getting your points, can you explain your requirement in details? or provide example of what you want to achieve?

Dear Sir,

Take the first row A3, if the selection of check box/option button is in C3 then the row should be filled green and should remain green.
In A4 the selection of check box/option button is in D4 then the row should be filled red and should remain red.

Likewise selections for each row until 30 rows should retain the colors and not change when the check box/option button selection changes.

Please find attached the file where I filled out the final requirement.

thank you so much.

with regards,
thomas

Attachments

• Tasks for Relevance.xlsx
    58.9 KB · Views: 0
Respected Sir,

This is perfect. Thank you so much for the solution provided. You have been instrumental in helping and guiding people like me learn excel from scratch.

Thank you so much Sir.

with regards,
thomas

Respected Sir,

One question, I tried to add more check boxes, the conditional format is working, but the selection of both check boxes are enabled.

Kindly check the attached and let me know where I a wrong.

Thank you so much,

with regards,
thomas

Attachments

• Tasks for Relevance-1.xlsm
    24.5 KB · Views: 0
Respected Sir,

I figured out now, I had not assigned the macro to the check box. Thanks so much.

But now I am getting a run time error -

upload_2015-8-4_17-16-19.png

Kindly check and let me know.

Thank you so much,

with regards,
thomas

Attachments

32.5 KB · Views: 0
Hi Thomas ,

The problem was that I had allowed for only 2 digits for the checkbox number , since I was using the RIGHT function to retrieve the number of the checkbox ; thus using this on the name such as Check Box 76 would give 76. So when it encountered Check Box 100 , it generated the error. I have now allowed for 3 digits , so that you can go up to Check Box 999.

Narayan

Attachments

28.7 KB · Views: 2
Back