• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Combo Box and Data Validation Questions

Alanb

Hello, I have an Excel Workbook that is using Data Validation with both Indirect and (Normal?) list look up. I have created a ComboBox for Automatic Filter using some code I have found at Contextures.com. I am having difficulties getting it to work on more than one data validation cells and I seem to be wrapped around the axel so to speak...
If I use the following in the SMS Eqmt Job site 1 Tab Indirect (Equipment Type) works fine, if I remove it in SMS Eqmt Job site 2 Tab the "Normal" list lookup (Make) works fine:
Code:
  str = Evaluate(Replace(Target.Validation.Formula1, "INDIRECT", ""))

I have posted the workbook with the code in it.

The goal is Equipment Type, Make, and Equipment Condition all to work as hitting a letter and quickly finding a word to populate the cell.

Please assist as I have spent way too much time on trying to find a solution to this...I am no expert, I think it would be something simple I am missing or lacking?

Thanks, and have a wonderful day! :)

Attachments

• FAST Input Form AUTOMATION-FIRE-SECURITY Alpha choice TESTER.xlsm
    892.1 KB · Views: 1
Hi ,

One of the reasons for people to be stumped is an unclear problem description.

You have a problem which you would like solved using Excel ; the proper way to go about resolving this is :

1. Give a clear description of what you would like to do , not what you have already done , since there may be many ways of approaching the same problem.

2. Give any preferences that you may have such as the usage of helper cells / columns / rows , usage of formulae / VBA.

In the workbook you have uploaded , I assume you are talking of columns D , E and J. If not , please specify the columns.

Each of these columns has Data Validation dropdowns to select from pre-defined lists.

Can you clarify / confirm the above description , and take it forward from here ?

Narayan

Help please Ninjas,
in the attached file (shamelessly copied and repopulated from your example), all I am trying to achieve is to group the Source (B10:B22) in the dropdown so that only one line per source is shown instead of say, two for 051, 2 for 136 etc. I have attempted using pivot tables, but all I seem to get is a count of the entries against a particular source.
Many thanks.

Back