• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Compare cell value with range of summed cell and independent cell values

harcsakutya

Hi everyone,
(Excel 2013)

I have to compare the range of cell values (orders) from 2015-08-28 till 38. week with stock value. (Probably I should know more about conitional formatting) If the orders value greater than stock value turn the rest of the cell (time/orders) to red, otherwise fill with green color as available in warehouse.
Is there any idea, how can I solve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• question.xlsx
    35.8 KB · Views: 0
Hi:

I am not sure whether I understood you fully, is this what you are looking for.

Thanks

Attachments

• question.xlsx
    37.5 KB · Views: 1
Thank you for your prompt response!

I try to explain what I’d like to solve in (Explanation sheet)

The brief story is: We have some product in stock in column D. I’ve got table to plan all requirements of orders for further weeks, that we have to produce to success. So I don’t want to compare it manually and add all of the value rest of cells/days in rows. So I’d like to see how long we are fine with manufacturing source

I think is something like mixed formula.

1. If the value for eg. in D11 greater than or equal (>=) to G11 or G11+F11+E11…….O11, change backround color of each cell to green, which means we have enaugh goods for the rest of the next days

2. If the value in D11 less than (<) G11 or G11+F11 sum, or G11+F11+E11 etc. the cells has to be colored red when this sum is true. Not enough goods in warehause compared to value D11.

Attachments

• question1.xlsx
    40 KB · Views: 1
Hi:

I understand the from column G to O is the daily orders, and column D is the available stock. I am not sure what is column E or F as per my understanding the moment the actual orders exceeds the available stock the cell should be red else green. Clarify why we should use column E and F for conditional formatting as per your post above or is it as simple as I just explained.

Thanks

Back