• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Concatenate occurrences of cell values found within a range

JCTalk

Hiya,

Having trouble with this one. I've looked all over and been unable to make anything I've found work for me.

I have a lookup spreadsheet with computer names on it in one column, and a list of users that have logged on in the adjacent column (separated by commas), which is a mix of USER IDs and Normal Names.

On my main spreadsheet I have two columns, one the name of the user, and the other the USER ID of the user.

I have created a new column on my main spreadsheet, and I want to basically search for the USER ID of each user on the lookup spreadsheet, and return every computer name that they have used in a concatenated list (comma separated).

I'm looking for a formula for this (can be an array formula). Ideally I don't want to have to use helper columns / cells.

I have attached an example workbook.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Attachments

• BookOne.xlsx
    9.3 KB · Views: 2
Hi Chihiro.

Thanks for your reply. Last night I came across a user function someone had created that did exactly what I needed.

Cheers

Back