• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Controlling the amount of cells displayed

semper5

I've been tasked at work to have make an Excel spreadsheet that displays our employees and the vacation days they wish to take throughout the 2017 year.

One page will control employee names, fed by a data feed from a SharePoint list.
2nd page will be the employees and the dates they wish to use, no more than 3 weeks per employee.
3rd page will display a Gantt table in which employees can view and make decisions to put in for incidental vacation days.

Of the 52 available weeks, several weeks we can allow only 2 employees to take vacation. Other weeks, we can allow up to 5 employees at one time to be on vacation.

My question is this:

Is there a way I can have the weeks displayed by using a control?

Press the up arrow, and up to 4 cells show up, which would represent 4 employees' spot to request vacation. Press the down arrow, and one week would disappear. Press down arrow again, and an additional week would disappear.

I would like to stay away from coding as I am not versed in it at all.

If you have ideas rather than a full solution, that is cool because I relish the chance to learn.

Thank you for reading, and helping.

Since you have SharePoint. Why not use SharePoint list, calendar view and workflow to manage vacation? It is far better suited for many reasons. Built in approval workflow (can build multi-level approval), automatic notification, native calendar view, stronger security etc.

I'm not sure what you are looking for can be done without code.

At any rate, I'd recommend uploading your sample (with connections removed and names replaced with generic string) to get better help.

Due to restriction based on higher HQ, we will not be able to use workflow. This is just a list to show employees at a single glance what is available. I will prep a worksheet to attach.

Thank you for your suggestion, I think I'd rather use SharePoint for such.

Back