• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

convert formula from array formula without use ctrl sht enter

RAM72

Hi

How to convert this formula without use of crtl shift enter in excel 2007

Code:
=INDEX('Summary Report '!$I$2:$I$124,MATCH(Workings!G3&Workings!H3&Workings!J3,'Summary Report '!$A$2:$A$124&'Summary Report '!$B$2:$B$124&'Summary Report '!$C$2:$C$124,0))

If you want an alternative formula which does not require CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER, provide a sample file.
As an aside, do you not like Array formulas in general, or do you not want to have to use C+S+E? (Not all Array formulas need the C+S+E)

Thanks for posting this - I've got to leave here for several hours as I have a golf game, but I'm sure the Ninjas will be waking up in India soon and will have this solved in no time -

I took a cursory glance at it, and don't get what you're Itemizing in Col Y of the Workings ... can you elaborate a little further? More info will help the Ninjas get you a prompt answer as they don't have to do too much forensic work on your current formula

I did my usual of making your data into Tables .... but do they work in Excel 2007? I'm not sure now and rushing ... hope you get a response soon

Following formula works with posted data. Check with your original information.
=LOOKUP(2,FIND(G2&H2&J2,'Summary Report '!$A$1:$A$124&'Summary Report '!$B$1:$B$124&'Summary Report '!$C$1:$C$124),'Summary Report '!$I$1:$I$124)

Hi RAM72,

Or you can also try SUMIFS with just enter:
=SUMIFS('Summary Report '!$I$1:$I$124,'Summary Report '!$A$1:$A$124,G2,'Summary Report '!$B$1:$B$124,H2,'Summary Report '!$C$1:$C$124,J2)

Regards,

Back