• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Count values

edved81

Hello all,

I want to count values in a table:Capture.JPG

1 - count total of correction in column 1;

2 - count total of correction in column 2;

3 - count the number values in column 2 , when values in column 2 are equal to "SN" or "A DEFINIR" and values in column 4 are diferent than " PLC";

4 - count the number of correction in column 2 , when values in column 2 are equal to "SN" or "A DEFINIR" and values in column 4 are diferent than " PLC", and values in column 2 are different than "SN" or "A DEFINIR".

Kind regards,

Marco

Attachments

• chandoo - count.xlsx
    11.1 KB · Views: 0
Hi Marco, and welcome to the forum!

Question 4 makes no sense.
when values in column 2 are equal to "SN" or "A DEFINIR" and values in column 4 are diferent than " PLC", and values in column 2 are different than "SN" or "A DEFINIR".
(Bold added by me)
Which one is it?
Also, in the future, I'd suggest not having two columns labeled "2". Made it confusing to read through. :(

The original file is this, but i put the columns name with numbers to make it easier to explain :p
Capture.JPG
See the attached file now..

Kind regards,

Marco

Attachments

• chandoo - count.xlsx
    25 KB · Views: 0
Marco please note that:

For questions 1&2, since the formulas I'm suing are array formulas, you need to confirm them by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter. If you just press enter it won't show the right result. When you confirm a formula as an array one it should have these parenthesis "{ }" delimiting it, as so for B2:
{=SUM(NOT(ISBLANK(E9:E40))/1)}
(note that you can't simply copy this and press enter, you really need to confirm it with Ctrl+Shift+Enter)
The results I'm getting for those questions are 2 and 7 respectively, which match your filtered tables.
You can further explore how array formulas work right here in chandoo.

Alternatively, if you want to avoid using array formulas, use sumproduct instead:
For B2: =SUMPRODUCT(NOT(ISBLANK(E9:E40))*1)
For B3: =SUMPRODUCT(NOT(ISBLANK(F9:F40))*1)

For question 3, it was my bad, I didn't notice you meant for all values on column 4 and not just the "corrections". It's an easy fix though, just replace it with:
=SUMPRODUCT(((LEFT(B9:B40,2)="SN")+(LEFT(B9:B40,9)="A DEFINIR"))*(D9:D40<>"PLC"))

Best

Last edited:
Back