• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Counting columns with background colours and filter data

Tauqeer

Hi Chandoo

I have got a scenario here and I need your help to solve it.

We run a report in the office everyday , it runs every 02 hours and gives us the data to show how many transactions are within the Service level agreement and how many are outside the time. All the applications within timeframe are in green colours and all others
which are outside the timeframe are in red colours, so one column shows all red and green colours , other column shows their respective Times, so once this report runs, we have to manually count how many green and reds are in the column and what is the oldest application in the red criteria.

To make it more complex this data comprises of three countries , so basically required calculation is:

Country A

How many are in reds?

Out of those reds , how many are consumer transactions and how many are commercial?

What's the oldest red ?

How many are greens?

What are the total transactions (including red and green?

Same process will apply for country B and country C?

So three columns are basically used ?

Status Time Type

(Green or red) (time of the transaction) (Consumer or commercial)

So we have to run this process after every 02 hours , have to manually filter data for each country and then further Filtering to get the actual numbers, I am just wondering how do we tackle this problem to automate this with some kind of
Countifs, or conditional formatting or some VBA script to solve this problem, as its vey cumbersome to run the whole thing after every 02 hours and then spend half an hour to find all the numbers. It takes almost 90 mins everyday to run these numbers.

Need your help to solve this problem.

Regards

Tauqeer

Tauqeer

Firstly, Welcome to the Chandoo.org Forums

can you post a sample file of data ?

Hi Hui,

Thanks for your email, unfortunately I can't send any file as it's an internal office data which I am not authorised to send it. I just need your guidance as per the scenario explained in my email. I will try to generate some random data if I can....

Thanks

Tauqeer

Tauqeer

Firstly, Welcome to the Chandoo.org Forums

can you post a sample file of data ?

We just need a sample, eg change Names to XXX1, XXX2 etc, Add a random number to all the costs/revenues as applicable

Back