• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Creating Attendance with multiple status of employees

Lee87

Hi all,

I'm having a problem to understand and due to lacks of knowledge, really need help to combine a few IF format at my attendance sheet. One is regarding Time either Present or Late and together with other status such as medical leave, absent etc

Attachments

• January Attendance.xlsx
    18.3 KB · Views: 14
Hi ,

Can you explain in more detail the following :
wonder if it is possible for me to add up more status at column "C8" Example, MC,AL,NPL such as this status to column "C9" whenever I fill in at column "C27" instead of the leter "L" that I created before.

C8 , C9 and C27 are cells , not columns.

You have a Data Validation dropdown in cell C8 , but the list is an external list ; to make matters easy , can you put this list in the uploaded workbook , and re-upload it ?

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

Thank you so much for replying. Apologies for the confusion between 'Column' and 'Cell'.
Here's the catch, I'll be filling up Time in and Time out at 'time attendance' table for my team. After 8:10, they be Late and the letter 'L' will automatically appear at 'Report' table as u can see the formula at Cell C13.
However, for other status beside coming late or not, such as MC, Off day, Annual Leave etc, I don't know what's the correct formula to insert at Cell C13. Example, If my team is applying for Annual Leave at C34, it will appear "L" which is because of the previous formula. Can u help me to get the right formula using the list given at the workbook here? Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Attachments

18.7 KB · Views: 9
Hi ,

If I have understood you correctly , you have the following 6 statuses :

Present , Late , Off Day , Annual Leave , Medical Leave , No Paid Leave

You will enter the attendance for an employee , say Employee 1 , in row 31 , and you want the appropriate status for that employee to appear in row 13.

1. The attendance data entry is only for a week , whereas the status display extends for an entire month. How ?

2. The attendance data entry range uses merged cells , which are problematic when it comes to formulae. Can you eliminate them ?

3. What is the logic for deriving the status from the attendance ? You have explained for Late ; what about the others ?

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

Yes you have understand me completely regarding the auto input at row 31 to row 13.
I've put the whole month attendance for you and the last question, I'm not so clear. Can I say that annual leave and off day logic is 'Holiday', Mc and Npl Logic is 'absent'? I'm sorry coz I'm really bad at this. Really need ur help.

Attachments

25.4 KB · Views: 6
Hi Narayan,

A million thanks because this is what I meant. I really apologies because I'm not good at explaining my problems. The thing is, I've been studying about excel with you tube and I dont have any basic about excel. That's why I cant answer your question properly. Is it possible for you to explain/teach me about the formula you used in the attendance excel for me to understand them and maybe used them in the future?

With a lot of thanks.

Hi Narayan

Here attached together attendance for the whole year of 2016 which I edit from a school attendance template. Can you guide me to do the previous format that you use for me to learn to do it myself.?

Attachments

• 2016 Attendance.xlsx
    484.3 KB · Views: 13
Hi ,

Do you mean to say that the formula will be entered in the range starting from D7 in each worksheet tab ?

This range of cells already has a simple formula , as well as a Data Validation dropdown.

Though a cell can have both of the above , once a selection is made using the DV dropdown , the formula will disappear for ever. Is this OK ?

The formula can insert only the following statuses in this range :

Present , Late

Regarding the other statuses , the formula can merely copy them if they have already been put in the attendance recording cells.

Is this acceptable ?

Narayan

Hi,

Yes, all the formula will be entered starting from D7 in each worksheet tab. The data validations dropdown was done by me and I have been changing the cell manually when it comes to entering other status. I accept your opinion and please guide me on with the process.

Thanks
Lee

Hi Narayan,

Any updates regarding previous request?
Really need your guidance for my work. Appreciate your kind assistance.

Lee

Hi Narayan,

May I know what's the status of my request. I really need it for my work. Hope you can really help me out coz I'm running out of option.
Waiting for you reply soon.

Thanks, lee

Hi Narayan,

How are you? May I have the said formula guide? Really appreciate if you can help me out.

Thanks
Lee

Back